Thursday, February 26, 2009

why do I even bother!!?

Wrapped in my own thoughts, I got into the wrong bus yesterday after work. Didn’t realize it was the wrong one until the bus slowed down couple of stops before mine and took a turn in an another new direction. The next stop came a few more random turns later, dropping me off at what looked like one of the plushest locales of Sydney. Feeling pretty optimistic that I’d be able to track my way back, I started plodding in the opposite direction of the bus. A few minutes of walking (…it was more of sauntering down the stoned pathways, gawking at the classy houses and the jazzy cars) and realization dawns that I am officially lost.

Oooh...out comes the GPS enabled phone…who knew providence would present the prospect of putting my phone to good use so soon :D
Unfortunately, I still haven’t learnt to use the GPS functionality nor have I loaded the maps.
Hmmm…time for plan B. I can still connect to the internet and access Google maps…how resourceful am I! Although, by the time I managed to type in the address using that tiny little qwerty keypad on the screen, I truly started appreciating my laptop keyboard a lot more. Typing with the tips of your fingernails is not exactly an agreeable experience. Anyway, I got the job done and the map started to load…uh oh…what’s that little message on the screen…”NO CREDIT”. Serves me right for not topping up my phone credit.

Backup plan (sigh)…put on your best smile and run up to the next person you see on the street. I guess, sometimes its better to stuff technology and go the old fashioned way…just ASK for directions!

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page

Free Blog Counter