Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Stay...

Lately this song seems to follow me wherever I go. Brings back memories from the early nineties when this used to play quite a lot on MTV. One of the few songs I liked...probably coz it was one of those videos that seemed to narrate a straightforward story to my kiddie mind.

The hero is deathly sick...the heroine (who I referred to as the ‘Stay girl’) is singing to him to stay and not die. Partway through the song, the ‘Doom Doom” girl enters... (mind you this has no sexual connotation but twas just coz of the change in music beats when she appears)...and tries to take the hero away from the heroine. Finally the ‘Stay’ girl’s love triumphs and the ‘Doom Doom’ girl has to leave. Woohoo...wonder why they don't make such bollywood movies anymore...!!!

The song "Stay" is a 1992 single from UK based pop duo Shakespears Sister

For a long time though, I thought these two girls were actually Shakespear’s sisters...

1 comment:

Joji Jacob said...

Interesting that you write about this. I did this trip some weeks ago too. lol

Locations of visitors to this page

Free Blog Counter